Magdalene House Access Statement
We hope that the following information will assist all guests in making the choice to stay at Magdalene House and also ensure that you enjoy your visit, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
• Enquiries and reservations can be made by phone – 01480 465011 or by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Should you require a taxi to Magdalene House from Huntingdon rail station or bus station (10 minute drive) or from Stansted airport (60 minute drive) we use a reliable company on a regular basis and we would be pleased to book them on your behalf. They do have vehicles suitable for wheelchairs if required.
• Directions to Magdalene House can be found on our website – www.magdalene-house.co.uk
• We have a designated disabled parking area in our courtyard along with ample additional car parking.
• Our self-contained en-suite rooms are at a slightly raised ground level and each is accessed by 3 wide steps. Room Three also has a permanent gently sloped access ramp suitable for wheelchair users.
• We are more than happy to help guests with luggage and will collect from your car and deliver to your room if preferred.
• All of our rooms have extra wide entrance doors, en-suite shower room or bathroom and super-king-size beds of high quality - comfortable and supportive. A full description of the facilities available in each room can be found on our website www.magdalene-house.co.uk .
• Rooms One and Two each have an en-suite shower-room with a large shower – low level step to enter shower. A shower stool is available on request.
• Room Three has an en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over) which has been designed to the recommended standard for wheelchairs users and guests with limited mobility. The bathroom has an extra-wide entrance door, strategically placed grab rails, lowered bath, raised toilet with hinged grab rail and pull cord alarm.
• Service dogs (only) are welcome.
• The fire alarm system does not have flashing lights. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary. If you require assistance in the event of evacuation please notify us on arrival.
• All areas are well lit, including exterior night lighting.
• The fridge in each room may be used for medication on request.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement. However, we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the service and information we provide. If you have a comment or suggestion, or require further assistance, please call us on 01480 465011 or email at email@example.com